Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Potty Talk

:::WARNING:::
This post will contain words like "pee", "poop", and "potty." For those that aren't parents or who have never potty trained hard headed little toddler, this post may be extremely boring or inappropriate.

I feel like I'm in a potty training rut. Granted, I could be doing more on my part. I should be brushing up on my parenting books and potty training manuals. Plus we're always on the go, I feel like we have no time to spend on potty training. I guess its time I buckle down and get focused.

But what to do when you have a child that refuses to sit on the potty? I guess I could use bribery. I have yet to buy anything to use as a treat for when she does her thing in the bathroom. Oh and there's the good old sticker chart. Maybe it's just me that's not ready.

When Carlee goes #2, she immediately lays down and says "Change my poop!" She knows when she's abo
ut to go, but she rather hold it. She also loves her new underwear and will change them every few seconds if I let her. "Pink ones.... now white ones!" The few times she's been in her chonies (it's so cute when she says chonies), she's pee'd in them and screamed bloody murder. She hated the feeling and even more so that she made a mess. Hopefully these are signs that she's getting ready to be potty trained!

By the way, before I was a mom, I never thought I'd be discussing my child's bowel movements. But, man, am I ready to be done buying diapers!


And once we've mastered the art of going on the potty, we're going to have to work on breaking other bad habits...


1 comment:

  1. We went through that with our first one, and finally I gave up. Within a month or so after I gave up, he decided on his own that he was ready, and never looked back. We used a financial incentive to keep him motivated to tell us, with a quarter for #2, a dime for telling us he had to go, and a nickle for #1. I figured the most it would cost me was $17 (a roll of each), but we didn't even need all of it, so it only cost me about $8! Good luck, she WILl get there - remember, she won't go to kindergarten in diapers (this is what my friends all tell me, as we try to potty train our second).

    ReplyDelete