Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Before I Was a Mom

There's this saying, and it might even be a book, but it goes something like : "I was the best mom...before I had kids." I'll be the first to admit that before I became a mom, I'd give the side eye to the mom that can't control their child in the middle of Target or the mom who let their child go out of the house wearing rainboots in the middle of summer. 

Now, I AM that mom. I have the kid who throws tantrums in Target and dresses herself (it's all about picking your battles). But when she hugs me and tells me she loves me and gives me kisses all over my face, it makes it all worth it. And it makes me wonder what I did before having her.

Shopping with Mommy and Teta. Miss Sassy Pants loves to pose.

Always making Mommy laugh with her funny faces.

On a day she dressed herself and refused to do anything with that unruly hair. But that's the life of a 3 year old. She didn't care... we were going to see Gnomeo & Juliet.

Carlee got into my make up, put lipstick on, and did her version of the duckface.

Showing me how old she is. After I took the picture she told me, "Send that to Casey. He'll like it." Not Daddy, but Casey.



She's a handful at 3. I can't imagine how she'll be at 13! But one thing is for sure... my life will never have a dull moment now.

No comments:

Post a Comment