Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Just too tired

I swear there aren't enough hours in the day. I've been meaning to recap my girls quick trip to Vegas, vent about the terrible two's, and anything else I felt like commenting on. But I just don't have the time, patience or energy to do a full recap with pictures. So the Cliff Notes version will have to do...

Vegas included stopping at the outlets. Specifically the Coach outlet. Lunch. More shopping. Damage done at Guess and Michael Kors. Dinner. [Free] drinks. Dancing. A little gambling. Called it a night. Woke up Sunday, got In-N-Out and drove home. Quick trip but just what I needed. (Here's one picture from the night)






Once I got home it was back to mommy duty. Enter Carlee with her terrible two's. The tantrums and whining has picked up in recent weeks. Why? All I can think about is how I've heard that 3 is worse. Please tell me its not true. Carlee's newest thing is saying "Right now!" when she wants something. My response: "Excuse me!?" My first reaction is 'where does she learn this stuff?' But when I think about it, I realize I've told her to "come here right now" or "put your shoes on right now" as we're running late. So of course when she wants something done in a timely manner she's going to use the same phrase I do. So I've wised up and will change my approach. Let's hope by me changing a few things, it will somehow affect the tantrums and those will be almost non-existant. I can hope, can't I? Plus who can stay mad at this little face...

On a different note, I do have to say that I am very proud of Carlee who is fully potty trained now. She even held it from downtown LA until we got to Grandma's. (She tried going before we left but didn't have to). She was fairly easy to potty train. I really didn't do much. She's been pretty easy at everything ever since she was born (sleeping through the night, eating new foods, etc). If I have another kid I'm probably going to be screwed. Or maybe not...maybe I'm paying for it now. Because these terrible two's are no walk in the park!


No comments:

Post a Comment