Thursday, April 1, 2010

Happy April Fools!

I've never been one to prank someone. Maybe because I lack the creative ability to come up with something good. I'm also kind of gullible. So April Fools isn't particularly a fun and exciting day for me. But how many adults play April Fools jokes on one another!? I'm just hoping today is uneventful. I don't have any fun practical jokes to tell you about, but I do have an April Fools story to share.

April Fools two years ago definitely wasn't uneventful. It was a normal weekday. I got off work, picked Carlee up. (She's 5 months old at this time.) We stopped by the market to pick up some groceries. While in the store, we ran into my mom. We did our shopping then left about the same time. I put Carlee in the car and lock the doors while I'm loading up the back with the groceries. When I'm done I close the back only to realize I had set my keys down INSIDE the car! I locked my kid in the car!! I immediately called my mom who had left the parking lot a minute earlier. I told her what I did and she replied, "Oh I get it...April Fool's." No Mom!! I'm not joking about this! So I hung up with her and started looking through my wallet for my AAA card. That's when I found the card that has my keyless entry code on it. I went to the driver door and entered it and the door unlocked!! Thank goodness. Carlee was locked in the car for maybe 90 seconds, but it seemed like hours to me. I have since memorized my keyless entry code. I've also heard that if you lock your child in the car, call the fire department and not AAA. The fire department will get there much sooner. I hope no one locks their kid in the car, but just in case!

Happy April Fool's!

No comments:

Post a Comment