Tuesday, August 3, 2010

What am I going to do?

I have a week off of work coming up. The kid will be on vacation with her grandparents, cousins, etc. So what am I possibly going to do? Going on a vacation somewhere would have been my first thought but I lack somewhere to go and someone to go with.

So I've decided to do things I normally don't or can't do, like...

*Go to the gym every morning to start my day off right. (Sounds like a good idea, right? But "gym" and "vacation" don't usually go hand in hand. We shall see on that one)

*Go to the beach by myself, relax and read. I won't have to worry about getting home in time for a nap (unless its a nap for me).

*Go get a massage and maybe spend the day at a day spa! What doesn't sound great about that?

*Get a haircut. Its been a long time and I finally have the time to make an appointment.

*Meet my friends for Wine night one night. Actually this could be every night if I wanted (but that would affect my gym-every-morning goal).

*Maybe go to a museum!?

What else can I do? Here I'm worried about keeping myself busy especially with the little one gone (for the longest amount of time we've ever been away from each other too), when in fact I never have time where I don't have any responsibilities or nothing planned. I guess I should enjoy it! A vacation should be just that...a vacation!

Here's to planning it by ear and hoping I survive the week without the peanut!

No comments:

Post a Comment