Thursday, December 30, 2010

Christmas 2010

We started Christmas Eve off with an early Christmas present... a pillow pet! Carlee had been wanting a lady bug pillow pet and would tell me so every time we saw them. And they're everywhere.


Love my brown eyed girl.

Then we headed to breakfast with Grandpa, G-pa, and Uncle. We had a nice breakfast/ visit and Carlee got spoiled as usual. She even conned Uncle Dien into buying her a $12 stuffed little kitty. After brunch it was home for a nap, since the festivities were to continue that evening. Apparently the excitement of the day was too much for Carlee to bear because her normal 2 hour nap was only 45 minutes and she jumped up asking "Are we going to see Austin now!?" I explained to her that it was still early and that Austin was still napping, maybe she could go back to sleep. That was a no go.

Before heading to my aunt's we made a stop at my best friend's mom's house. With my best friend in TX, I still wanted to say happy holidays to her family and drop off a little gift. During our visit, we had met some extended family members. My friend's mom had introduced Carlee to a great aunt. The great aunt in her Ukranian accent asked "Carlene?" No, Carlee. "Carlene?" No, CARLEE. "Oh, C-A-R-L-Y?" Friend's mom and I just nod and say yes. Carlee speaks up and says "No, C-A-R-L-E-E!" Can't blame the kid for wanting to correct her.

Finally we made it to my aunt's so Carlee could see her cousin.

 Austin is too cute. He would call Carlee "Charlie." I thought it was cute and funny, especially how he would say it. I never heard Carlee correct him that night but a few days later she told me, "Austin called me Charlie and I told him 'No way! It's Carlee!'" These kids crack me up.

 Being silly

What would Christmas Eve be without my mom doing a headstand...
Not that this happens every year. It was actually the first headstand on Christmas Eve I believe, but it was just too funny not to post.
After my aunt's I had taken Carlee to her dad's for the night. I was dreading this moment because it would be the first time that I wouldn't wake up with Carlee on Christmas morning. But its about her not me, so she spent the night with her dad. I headed to my mom's house for the night. My mom, my brother, and I stayed up late and watched Step Up 3. A pretty good way to wrap up Christmas Eve.

Christmas morning!

Starr waiting for the present opening madness to begin...

Carlee was a little overwhelmed but definitely excited.


She loved her vanity and didn't care about any of the other presents.


Santa had left one more in the garage. Santa missed the memo that stuff is supposed to be assembled with batteries charged.

And just like that it was over...

We hope everyone had a great holiday and has an even better new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment