Thursday, April 21, 2011

Ramblings for the Week

I haven't uploaded pictures from our spring break vacation yet so I can't blog about it. Well I could but it wouldn't be much fun without pictures. It might not be too entertaining even with pictures since we didn't do much while on vacation but enough about that trip. I'll just do another post later.

So I figured I'd do a post about random things/ thoughts/ whatever...

1. These things creep me out. I see them every day at the gym. They creep me out! I'm not the biggest fan of feet, especially toes so maybe that's why. But they just strike me as odd. And I don't think this will be like my TOMS where I was unsure of them at first but now love them and own a few pairs. I don't think I'll ever own a pair of these "five finger" shoes.
 
Picture from www.vibramfivefingers.com

2. Carlee has been so funny lately. She is into talking about when she gets big and when I get little. One day last week when I took her to the restroom at a restaurant, she tells me "When I get big and you get little, I'll take you to the potty and I'll wipe your butt." Then she has been talking about when she gets big she will drive my car and I can sit in her car seat. I was thinking she has a point because one day I'm sure she's going to be driving me around and wiping  my butt. (That was kind of gross, I know)

3. I've been on a country music kick lately. I've always liked a little country, but recently that's all I've been listening too. As a result of my newest obsession, my best friend and I are going on a mini road trip this summer to see Lady Antebellum in concert. I can't wait!

4. I've been doing what I always dread... bathing suit shopping. Well so far I've only been looking online. But I should probably get one soon before I really need one and am stuck getting something I hate. I've been trying to find something that is flattering and doesn't make me feel like a frumpy mom. I've definitely lost weight since last summer, but not enough to rock a teeny tiny bikini (not sure I'll ever wear one but you get the point). I told my trainer I have a one piece that I wear. He argued that I canNOT wear a one piece. (To my defense it's a cute Juicy Couture suit) but he wasn't having it. I tried arguing that I'm a mom. But then he pointed out I'm in my 20s and single. So these are my options... What do you think? I hope they look decent on.  :\  (both are from Victoris's Secret).


5. I have another 5k in a week and 3 days! I better do some running. I've been working out and doing different cardio but not exactly training for a run. I tried running a few yards with Carlee last night and my legs were so tight. I better get on it. It's going to be a fun run and for a good cause.



If you'd like to make a donation for the Pediatric Cancer Research Foundation, you can do so through my page here.

6. Yesterday I helped out in Carlee's classroom because they were having their Easter party. I was there for an hour and left exhausted. Today I found out Teacher Appreciation Week is May 2nd-6th. I definitely have to do something to let those teachers know they're appreciated. Dealing with ten 3 year olds is no easy task. I think dealing with my one 3 year old is no easy task!
My peanut with red tortilla chip in her teeth while having lunch in Texas.


7. Yesterday I had to get gas. I was running late and almost on empty. I went to the nearest gas station at the time. As I'm pumping gas I wanted to cry (as I usually do when I get gas) because it said $4.23 for the cheap stuff. When I get closer to work, I see it's $4.09 at the gas station that I normally go to. Gas price shopping fail. Big time. But a lesson learned.

8. Can't believe Easter is this Sunday. I need to get working on the eggs for the egg hunt. And Mom, (if you're reading this) stop buying placemats!

No comments:

Post a Comment