Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Cupcakes, Music, and Monkeys

This last weekend didn't go as planned but I think it turned out for the better. I should use this weekend as a learning tool because the "planner" in me has a hard time adjusting to when life doesn't go as planned. But I sucked it and made the most of it.

Friday Carlee and I made cupcakes for a friend's birthday party the next day. She wanted me to use all the Dora cupcake papers. I tried explaining the cupcakes are for a 30 year old man's birthday. Then she asked "What kind of party is he having? Star Wars?" I just said "maybe."

The next day we got to work on frosting all the cupcakes we had made. Carlee especially likes that part. Then we headed to the party to spend time with our friends.




The cupcakes were a huge hit! And Carlee was still up partying with her friends past 11pm. She outlasted me! I finally dragged her away from the party so we could go home and get some sleep since we had more fun planned for Sunday.

The next morning we headed down to Downtown Disney. I kept hearing on the radio that there was going to be a free concert by Thompson Square at noon. I hear their song "Are You Going to Kiss Me or Not" on the radio all the time. I thought it'd be fun to see some live music and get some lunch. And the weather couldn't have been more perfect for the day we had planned. 

 We did some walking around and a little shopping. 

 Then it was time for the show. The DJ from the radio station introducing Thompson Square.

 They played about 7-8 songs. I'm not quite sure because Carlee had to go potty right in the middle of the show (story of my life). But we got to see them perform their hit single so I was happy.

After the performance we Carlee decided on having lunch at Rainforest Cafe. That is where we had ran in to use the restroom and since Carlee had never been there she thought it was pretty cool.

Carlee especially liked all the monkeys. She even took the following picture of one of the monkeys near our table.

She wanted to take a picture with her cup. I could not get her to smile. I told her its not a mugshot. 
Then we went home for a nice long nap and to start packing. Our next adventure includes Carlee's first plane ride...

1 comment:

  1. Looks like so much fun! (I FINALLY set up a Google reader, so I will actually be up on peeps' blogs now! LOL)

    ReplyDelete