Monday, February 20, 2012

Who is this kid?

Carlee has always been a big ball of sass. She's always saying things that crack me up and I wonder where she got that from. Lately she's been saying/ copying things from some Disney shows too. And not cartoons but the preteen shows that I think are contributing to her little attitude. Not that she needs any help. 


A couple of funny remarks from her recently:

*When she was putting together her valentines for her class, I told her to write her name on each one. She looked at me with pen in hand and said, "Want to see how I do it, old lady!?" Her head even went side to side. All she was missing was snapping her fingers in a Z. Then it hit me... according to my 4 year old I am an old lady.

*This past weekend Carlee and I were organizing her toys and we rearranged a few things in her room. She sat in her room, looked around and said "Mom, I want a TV for my room. Can you buy me a TV for my birthday?" I just said we'll see (I don't have plans for her to have a TV in her room). Then she said "No, not for my birthday. That will take a long time. You can buy it for...uh...uh...Wednesday! Do I have school Wednesday?" Yes. "Ok we can buy a TV after school on Wednesday!" This kid needs a job!!

*Then last night she was showing Grandma her dance moves. Right now her favorite song is "Move Like Jagger" by Maroon 5. She can sing all the words and she loves dancing to it (or any music for that matter). In the middle of her dance show she says, "Mom, when I sing Moves Like Jagger I whisper the bad word so you can't hear me." I wasn't aware they even say a bad word but apparently one line says 'I don't give a sh!t'. I told Carlee she knows she's not allowed to say bad words. She said "But you didn't hear me." Oh man, am I dreading the teenage years. And note to self: buy clean versions or Kidz Bop versions of songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment