Thursday, January 14, 2010

What a week!

This past week has been a whirlwind of emotions. I've had bad days, slightly better days, and now I'm having good days. I can honestly say I'm feeling pretty good. I've actually been able to sleep at night. (Maybe its the Nyquil I've taken to get rid of this cold), either way I'm glad to have a full night's rest. Now if it wasn't for this cough, I'd be feeling even better!

Here are some random tidbits from this past week that are reasons to smile! It's moments like these that I need to remind myself that I am blessed.
Here are Carlee and Kaylee in line at Disneyland. We were waiting for the Finding Nemo submarines. Ah, to be a kid again. Look at their faces. No worries, stress or anything. They didn't even fret the 20 minute wait in line. We had a great time at Disneyland but man, is that place crowded. I don't do crowds well, especially with a stroller. But we didn't pay to get in so I can't complain!! (We have yet to buy a pass. If I can get signed in for free, I'll do that as long as possible).



I also finished reading my 2nd book of 2010, Barefoot by Elin Hilderbrand. It wasn't bad. I enjoyed it for the most part. I'm usually easy to please and like everything I read. Maybe it was because I read this when I was feeling my lowest and looking for a distraction, that I was slightly disappointed. I'm sure the storyline didn't help either. You have two sisters and one friend spending the summer together to escape/ deal with their problems. One sister has cancer and has 2 little boys, the friend is pregnant who's husband was having an affair, and the other sister couldn't be with the man she loved and wanted. Not exactly what I wanted to read about but I finished it anyway. I have 48 more books to read before the years over. I think American Idol is going to interrupt my momentum. The past two nights, I have no read anything but watched those stupid auditions. Its like a train wreck, you can't help but watch. I can't believe some people actually think they sound good!


Other than watching TV and not reading, I went to dinner with my bestie. Its always good when we get together... well, because she's my bestie! We met at Red Robin at the mall and when the waitress came to our table, Carlee spoke up and said "diet coke!" She knows what her momma likes! And I admit she has had sips of mine. If that makes me a bad parent, so be it! I swore my kid would never know what soda was, but that was before I had kids!


Last night I went to counseling (yay for feeling better!) and my brother watched Carlee. We were both a litle nervous because it was for a couple of hours and he had never watched her that long. But they watched Barney together and Carlee colored in his tattoos on his arms. Everything went well! When I was piking Carlee up, my brother said "punk" in some sentence. Carlee repeated him but it came out "f*ck". We immediately started laughing, causing Carlee to say "f*ck, f*ck, F*CK!" It was pretty hilarious because she had no clue what she was saying and she wasn't even meaning to say that. She was trying to say punk. First soda and now the F word, I'm definitely not getting mom of the year!


I'm hoping I have another week filled with funny moments that I can look back on and smile about. Today I'm smiling because I'm getting the Brazilian Blowout! Its been a long time since I've done something for myself! Plus, when I'm feeling good about myself, I'm happy! This is my ultimate goal...to be happy!! Hopefully I'm happy with my hair tonight.




No comments:

Post a Comment