Monday, November 1, 2010

Some preschool fun

 When Carlee started preschool, I think I was more excited than she was. Not that I was in a hurry for her to grow up, but I was excited for all the festivities that came along with school. For example, school programs! I couldn't wait for my little baby to get on stage and sing. Her school had their Harvest program where each class was a different vegetable or a farmer or turkeys. It was the cutest thing to see all the kids dressed up. Carlee and her classmates were carrots. Cute carrots at that.


 For a couple weeks prior to the program Carlee would sing her "crunch crunchy carrot" song sung to the tune of Frere Jacques. I'd even find myself singing it when she wasn't around. It was quite catchy. She would practice in front of the mirror and belt out "We are carrots! We are carrots! Look at us! Look at us!..." Hand gestures and all.
 Once she got on stage, it was a different story. She barely sang and barely moved her hands. She did a little better the second time through the song, but I was still proud of her.

I still thought she was adorable as a carrot too!
 **********************************************************

Today Carlee was able to celebrate her birthday at school. Her teacher made her a special crown and she gets to be the line leader. (Apparently that's a big deal to 3 year olds)
 We made these cupcakes for her class. When we were walking to her classroom, she tells me "Thanks for making those cupcakes!" It was so sweet. Maybe my 2 year old who would throw a pretty good tantrum was replaced with a 3 year old sweet little girl.
That's it for the birthday celebrations (this year)! But as far as the preschool festivities, we're going to be busy with the holidays around the corner!

No comments:

Post a Comment