Thursday, November 18, 2010

Thanksgiving at School

Carlee had her Thanksgiving Feast at school yesterday. I'm glad the changed it from a Friday to Wednesday because she seemed to be coming down with a cold and probably won't make it to school tomorrow. I'm glad she was able to participate in her school festivities that they work so hard on. Monday they had made cornbread for the feast. Along with their Indian head dresses, candles, placemats. These kids are busy. 

Carlee was so excited to be a little "Indian" girl. (I know that's not the correct term so Indian/ Native American/ American Indian...whatever the non-offensive term is). When her class came out to their table, she was a little overwhelmed. She was looking around at all the paparazzi parents taking pictures and all the kids from the other classes.

 Her class...
 I love this picture of her teacher with her students. You can see the joy she gets from the kids. I have to give her praise because I don't know how she does it everyday with ten 3 year olds.


Hmmm...what to eat?

A cookie and chocolate covered marshmallow it is. (They were cute little pilgrim hats)

Yep, I made the right choice.

Maybe some cornbread??
 All of the classes and the onlooking parents. It was a nice little feast.

Carlee still munching on her cookie. If you ask Carlee what she's thankful for, I'm sure she'd say "chocolate."

I'm thankful for my daughter's preschool and being able to experience everything with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment