Thursday, November 4, 2010

We've regressed

For Carlee's birthday I wanted to get her a new doll. All her dolls or babies have ended up at different houses and we didn't seem to have any at home. But she loves taking care of her babies, rocking them, feeding them, changing their diaper, and even putting them in time out when they've been bad. So her her birthday I bought her this...
Image from Target.com


Yes, that is a Baby Alive. If you press her bracelet she coos and kicks her feet. It's actually quite cute. She comes with food but I just thought Carlee could pretend feed her like she did with all of her other babies. But I was wrong. This is Baby Alive who really eats, pees, and poops. So we had to make the food so Carlee could feed her and give her a bottle. 

A minute after a "feeding" it's time to change the diaper. Carlee didn't want to do it because she could see the near-blowout through the diaper. So I change the diaper and when Carlee sees it she says "That's disgusting!" That's when I explained that I had to change her dirty diapers for over 2 years!

Yesterday I found myself making my shopping list and saying to myself "Oh we need baby food and diapers." How ridiculous is that! I haven't purchased diapers in over 9 months and now I'm buying them for a damn doll. I think we may give cloth diapering a shot because those little toy diapers aren't cheap!

No comments:

Post a Comment